Vacation is good, but we're missing a piece of the puzzle...
Before I set out on this vacation - the first away from Jenna - I was given some really good advice (advice I have remembered and repeated to myself a number of times this week). Advice such as not feeling guilty when I'm having a good time
And not thinking about her all of the time and to remember that JP and I need this - for our own sanity and for the health of our relationship. The thing that jumps out at me most at the moment is the statement that I will feel good (and free) for the first few days, but that, around day #3, I will start to miss Jenna. The first few days have been great! We've shopped, hiked, walked all over, eaten out, cooked in, worked out and hit a meeting. It's been great. We've held hands everywhere we go. We have whole conversations that contained non-baby related content. We have laughed a lot and argued not one bit. We have reconnected as a couple and it's been nice. But yesterday was day 3 - and all the sudden we are seeing babies jenna's age everywhere. I finally started crying. I just missed her so much it hurt.
Naturally, we called to Nana B's house to check on her. Is she missing us? Not one bit! Lol. She's having a ball there. And I again have to ask myself the question - who, really, is on vacation here? :). I can honestly say we all are.
It's just that, now that we have had a few days to rest, JP and I are wishing we could have her here with is for the duration. :)
And not thinking about her all of the time and to remember that JP and I need this - for our own sanity and for the health of our relationship. The thing that jumps out at me most at the moment is the statement that I will feel good (and free) for the first few days, but that, around day #3, I will start to miss Jenna. The first few days have been great! We've shopped, hiked, walked all over, eaten out, cooked in, worked out and hit a meeting. It's been great. We've held hands everywhere we go. We have whole conversations that contained non-baby related content. We have laughed a lot and argued not one bit. We have reconnected as a couple and it's been nice. But yesterday was day 3 - and all the sudden we are seeing babies jenna's age everywhere. I finally started crying. I just missed her so much it hurt.
Naturally, we called to Nana B's house to check on her. Is she missing us? Not one bit! Lol. She's having a ball there. And I again have to ask myself the question - who, really, is on vacation here? :). I can honestly say we all are.
It's just that, now that we have had a few days to rest, JP and I are wishing we could have her here with is for the duration. :)
Comments
Post a Comment