A quick update

Poor, sweet boogie!  It is definitely HFMD, and she has sores popping up everywhere.  She hardly ate or drank anything all day.  It was so sad because it was obvious she was hungry - when she is she puts her arms up in the air (it's what she has learned to do to let them know she is hungry at daycare) - and she was repeatedly putting her hands up in the air.  When I would try to give her any Pedialyte or soft foods, she would take a sip or a bite, and once she swallowed, she would start screaming and refuse to take anymore.  It was the most pitiful thing ever.  She also slept almost all day, which means she was wide awake when it came to bedtime.  After running around fussing and screaming for 2 hours, not able to eat or calm down, she finally settled out when JP got home, and I was able to get a packet of Ella's baby food in her - by feeding it to her one 5ml syringe at a time (I figured it was worth a try, since she was still taking her antibiotic and fever reducer that way).

It's now 12:15am and I really should be in bed asleep, but I was so strung out from trying to take care of her all night that I am still wide awake.  I plan on lying down when I finish this, and hopefully I will get a little sleep before I have to get ready for tomorrow.

So, the final accounting: Jenna has two ear infections (from last week, but should be healed up by now) and HFMD.  She has sores all around the outside of her mouth, and apparantly sores inside her mouth and throat (based on the way she is acting - there is no way in hell she is letting me look in her mouth right now).  In addition, she has a rash outbreak on one of her cheeks, both of her forearms and hands and on her buttocks (and sadly, this is the worst of it, too).  Her fever has been managed using alternating doses of ibuprofen and Tylenol (you know I hate that), and it seems that a few rounds of alternating those has helped curb some of the pain.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better, not worse, but all of the literature we read said it lasts 5-7 days (and possibly up to 10). 

Thank you for your prayers.  We definitely need them (prayers for my sanity, please - it's a short trip at the moment!).  Love to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...