Random, sweet & fun things I don't want to forget...

This is such a fun age!  There are so many new things happening each week, and it seems impossible to document them all.  I wanted to share a few, for the sake of documenting them.

Yesterday, when I dropped Jenna off at daycare, I went to put her food in the fridge in the infant classroom, and I heard one of the teachers say, "Oh my goodness, they are holding hands!"  I turned around and saw Jenna and her best friend, Juliette, walking toward me, holding hands with one another.  It was so sweet!

Waaaaaahhhhhhh!  Enter the fake cry.  Jenna has been mastering different variations of the fake cry in the past few weeks.  Last weekend, she tried it at the dinner table, and JP and I were hysterical.  Even more hysterical is that she finally realized she was what was making us laugh so hard and just stopped and went back to eating, literally making a "hmph" sound.

Something that makes for funny stories in our family is our habit of saying things to babies/kids when they are fussy.  With my niece, Tiffany, it was, "Poor baby."  As she developed into a toddler, she would cry and say "Po Baby!"  It was absolutely hilarious!  For as long as Jenna has been mobile, and even more so recently due to Jenna's habit of fake-crying, we have been saying "Baaaaaaby" to her when she fusses for no reason.  Last night she was ready to eat and I was trying to get dinner cooked for her.  She was standing, pulling on my legs, whining, "Bay-bay! Bay-bay!"  How can you take the complaint seriously with that going on?!?

I'm sure there is more - and I will add as I think of them!

:)

Comments