Not so much
Well...as it turns out, Jenna did not have ear infections. Nope, not in either ear. Curious, right? She went to the ENT yesterday for follow-up and he said her ears were perfect and he is not sure how that it was possible that they would be infected two days before and perfect then. So, his logical conclusion was that she never had an ear infection.
She has been sick, though, and her temp was still running low-grade at 99.7 yesterday when they took it at the ENT office. And she's still sleeping a lot, coughing, congested and has the sinus stuff. So, our conclusion is that she had a sinus infection or a fill-on upper respiratory infection, which she is still trying to get over. And since her sinuses were so bad on Sunday that her face was swollen, then maybe that caused some redness in her ears that was unrelated to actual infection in the ears? I guess we'll never know.
On another note, I had to laugh today. Hard. Yesterday I noticed a bite mark on Jenna's arm while we were at the doctor's office. This is not funny. At all. This would be bite #3 in the past 6 weeks. I understand that toddlers bite and get bitten, but three in that time period is a pattern, and the fact that I noticed it before the daycare told me made me think there may be an issue with supervision in her classroom. I inquired about this with the assistant director and her teacher today, and expressed my concerns about how this would go unnoticed, especially since I know she had to have cried when it happened. Fast forward two hours, and I get a call from the daycare. Jenna has another bite mark - also not funny. But then they explained that the teacher, who has been watching Jenna really closely today to make sure everything is okay with her, caught her biting herself. Biting herself? Yup. They were walking outside and Jenna turned around and when she did she had her arm in her own mouth. I was a little offput for a second, but I thanked her for letting me know. And then I reviewed the picture I took of the bite from yesterday. It was on her right forearm, and the top of the mouth mark was consistent with upper teeth (bigger and set wider apart) and the bottom consistent with bottom teeth (smaller and set closer together). And then I looked closer, and saw that one of the top teeth was a little crooked - just like one of Jenna's teeth. And unless a kid was standing with her arm around them, there was no way for the bite to be placed on her arm the way it was with another kid doing it. So...Jenna bit herself. I feel like I should say that is surprising, but she is our child afterall.
Funny for the day:
Jenna has been working up the nerve to take the front step at our house all by herself. She has always chickened out and grabbed my hand - until today. Of course, I decided to try to capture it on film rather than be there to rescue her. She was brave and she pushed through, but take the step successfully she did not do (forgive me - we read Dr. Seuss every night!):
She has been sick, though, and her temp was still running low-grade at 99.7 yesterday when they took it at the ENT office. And she's still sleeping a lot, coughing, congested and has the sinus stuff. So, our conclusion is that she had a sinus infection or a fill-on upper respiratory infection, which she is still trying to get over. And since her sinuses were so bad on Sunday that her face was swollen, then maybe that caused some redness in her ears that was unrelated to actual infection in the ears? I guess we'll never know.
On another note, I had to laugh today. Hard. Yesterday I noticed a bite mark on Jenna's arm while we were at the doctor's office. This is not funny. At all. This would be bite #3 in the past 6 weeks. I understand that toddlers bite and get bitten, but three in that time period is a pattern, and the fact that I noticed it before the daycare told me made me think there may be an issue with supervision in her classroom. I inquired about this with the assistant director and her teacher today, and expressed my concerns about how this would go unnoticed, especially since I know she had to have cried when it happened. Fast forward two hours, and I get a call from the daycare. Jenna has another bite mark - also not funny. But then they explained that the teacher, who has been watching Jenna really closely today to make sure everything is okay with her, caught her biting herself. Biting herself? Yup. They were walking outside and Jenna turned around and when she did she had her arm in her own mouth. I was a little offput for a second, but I thanked her for letting me know. And then I reviewed the picture I took of the bite from yesterday. It was on her right forearm, and the top of the mouth mark was consistent with upper teeth (bigger and set wider apart) and the bottom consistent with bottom teeth (smaller and set closer together). And then I looked closer, and saw that one of the top teeth was a little crooked - just like one of Jenna's teeth. And unless a kid was standing with her arm around them, there was no way for the bite to be placed on her arm the way it was with another kid doing it. So...Jenna bit herself. I feel like I should say that is surprising, but she is our child afterall.
Funny for the day:
Jenna has been working up the nerve to take the front step at our house all by herself. She has always chickened out and grabbed my hand - until today. Of course, I decided to try to capture it on film rather than be there to rescue her. She was brave and she pushed through, but take the step successfully she did not do (forgive me - we read Dr. Seuss every night!):
Comments
Post a Comment