Guess who is sick...again...

ARGH!

ARGH! ARGH! ARGH!

I woke Jenna up last Thursday and realized she was burning up.  I took her temp - 101.9.  We had some breakfast and took it again - same thing.  A little but later, I felt her and she didn't feel that warm anymore, so I took her temp again - 102.6.  And on and on up to 103.9.  We rotated the fever reducers through the night, and they kept her to about 102.5 all night.  The next day it went down some, peaking out at 101.3 or so.  At this point we don't have any other symptoms, so of course the doctor's office advised that we monitor and get her in Monday if she is still having a fever.

Saturday morning she started with the runny nose and by Saturday afternoon she was congested in her chest.  The fever was better, but the other symptoms were getting worse.  Saturday night she cried out throughout the night (this has sometimes been our only sign of an ear infection in the past) and Sunday her nose and congestion were worse, so we broke down and took her to Drs. Care.  They didn't tell us anything we didn't already know - ear infections, chest congestion, and sinus issues.  Home we went with our handy-dandy script of antibiotics....again.

She has follow up with the ENT tomorrow, and I know he is going to get mad at me for letting them put her on oral antibiotics.  I did the "we have the antibiotic ear drops at home" routine, but I think the upper respiratory stuff was what made him want to give her an oral medication.  I wasn't in a mood to fight, so we filled the script and started her on it.

I know there are much worse things out there we could be dealing with, but this is frustrating.  It's frustrating mainly because she is sick all of the time.  Once a month, at least.  How powerless I felt last night as she cried out and coughed her way through a rough night's sleep last night, only to FINALLY fall into deep sleep just in time for me to get her up and take her to school (see next point about why she went to school today...).  And it's frustrating because JP is now officially out of leave time and I am running low.  We both have understanding bosses - thankfully - but they can't make leave time magically appear.  Add in the cost of the antibiotics slowly losing their effectiveness, the ridiculous out of pocket expense for every visit and procedure, and the so on that I can't think to list, and we're just tired of it.

But life goes on...and we can make payments...and they said sinus and ear infections are going around the day care...and the tubes hopefully will help with a little time...and the fact that we wake up everyday as an intact family, and one of Jenna's classmates has a father who died in Afghanistan last week, and it all gets put back in perspective.

This is a place for me to vent sometimes - and doing so tonight helped give me a different perspective.

On that note, please pray for Jenna's friend, Elana, and her mommy, Christy, as they await the return of their fallen hero - Spc. John D. "JD" Meador - so they can lay him to rest.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...