The concept of Mommy Wars...

It's funny how, as I progress each day with Jenna, my idealism about parenting melts into realism, and I find peace from the idea that there is no "perfect" way to parent.  I don't really read much on the Mommy wars issue because it breeds resentment and fear for me - resentment that Mommy's are fighting against each other rather than working together and it plants seeds of doubt for me as a mother.  What an insidious thing for me, as when I step back and look at my life and my child, I realize that I have SO much to learn, but also realize that the learning happens in real time, and that I am a pretty good learner.  And then I came across a link to this post on another blog I sometimes read and it took my breath away.  Literally, it took my breath away.  The message is simple, to the point, and true.  At least in my experience, true.  And it brings home a message with resounding force that is a bedrock truth of my life - God is either everything or He is nothing.  I thought I would share the post with you, and maybe it will take your breath away, too.  If not, maybe it will spark something for you.  And if you are a struggling mother, maybe it will bring you peace - the kind of peace that the acknowledgement of grace brings:

Are You Mom Enough?

Love to all-

Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...