It's all speculation either way...
Oh the fun of having a first time baby! No matter how much experience you have with nephews, nieces and Godchildren - the experience of new baby firsts are a world all of their own.
Will she start rolling over this week? Should we start feeding her rice cereal yet? Wait...she is still pushing her tongue out, so maybe rice cereal isn't such a good idea after all...?? Is there enough hair to get a bow in yet? And I have to remember to take her headbands off in the car seat so she doesn't choke herself! Can I still leave her for a minute on her play mat, or will she roll over and I'll find her face down when I come back?
And on and on and on... The big one right now...does the fact that she can already stand for a minute or longer mean we're going to have an early walker? Does it mean that she will be pulling herself up and walking before she starts crawling (common in my family)? Oh crap! Do we already need to start baby proofing? At 3 1/2 months old?!? Does it say anything about this in any of the books people have given me??? :)
A side note about the books....JP always says he doesn't find them helpful. When he read the chapters to the fathers, he pointed out that it always said things like, "You wife may cry all the time or she may not cry at all" and "your wife may put on a lot of weight or she may only put on a little..." His reaction, "Ummmm....that's not helpful..." Lol.
I've come to understand that the only way for us to know that Jenna has hit a milestone....is for her to hit it. Otherwise, it's all speculation either way.
Will she start rolling over this week? Should we start feeding her rice cereal yet? Wait...she is still pushing her tongue out, so maybe rice cereal isn't such a good idea after all...?? Is there enough hair to get a bow in yet? And I have to remember to take her headbands off in the car seat so she doesn't choke herself! Can I still leave her for a minute on her play mat, or will she roll over and I'll find her face down when I come back?
And on and on and on... The big one right now...does the fact that she can already stand for a minute or longer mean we're going to have an early walker? Does it mean that she will be pulling herself up and walking before she starts crawling (common in my family)? Oh crap! Do we already need to start baby proofing? At 3 1/2 months old?!? Does it say anything about this in any of the books people have given me??? :)
A side note about the books....JP always says he doesn't find them helpful. When he read the chapters to the fathers, he pointed out that it always said things like, "You wife may cry all the time or she may not cry at all" and "your wife may put on a lot of weight or she may only put on a little..." His reaction, "Ummmm....that's not helpful..." Lol.
I've come to understand that the only way for us to know that Jenna has hit a milestone....is for her to hit it. Otherwise, it's all speculation either way.
Comments
Post a Comment