The hardest part of my morning...

I am so happy to be back to work!  I love the interaction, what I do, who I work with.  It is fulfilling and I have no desire to stay at home. 

I do, however, wish I could come into work just an hour later each day.  After I feed Jenna in the morning, she always falls asleep on on my chest.  It is the sweetest part of my day.  She is there, in the comfort of my arms, and I just love the heft of her body against mine, the smell of her sweet little head, listening to her breathe in and out.  It's dead silent in the house, except for this, so it's like the world has stopped moving just long enough for us (okay...for me) to have this moment.  And because it is so short, I savor every second of it, wishing each morning I had just a few more minutes to stay there, relishing that exact moment.

But I don't - and the magic is broken when I stand up and start the race to get out of the house.  However, I do have those few moments each day.  And because I don't have more time, they are special.  And because it won't be like this forever, it's even more special. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...