I think my chest is going to explode...
Have you ever felt so full in your chest - so full of love and emotion - that you think you might just explode? That is the way I feel every single day about my Boogie.
I just felt the need to write that out loud today. I never thought such limitless and expanding emotion would be possible. But obviously, it is. And it's amazing and terrifying, all at the same time.
She grows and changes so fast, it has to be faster than the speed of light, but then, in a moment, like when I get to snuggle with her before bed, time just stands still. In that moment, time stops for just a second, and I get to be with her, just the two of us, and I get to feel the weight of her little body against mine - her love and warmth - and to smell her sweet scent, and to feel her breathing.... And it just takes my breath away that I get to experience that. And then I lay her down and time starts back up - taking on warp speed all over again.
So many people I know talk about spending more time together before having children. JP and I said that, too, but obviously God had another plan for us. And like a puzzle coming together, she was a piece we didn't even know we were missing. But now that she is here, it was. And just like I can't remember what life was like before JP was in it, neither JP or I can remember what life was like before Jenna was in it. We don't want to. Life as it is today is perfect, in the moments that move faster than light, but especially in those moments where time stands still.
I just felt the need to write that out loud today. I never thought such limitless and expanding emotion would be possible. But obviously, it is. And it's amazing and terrifying, all at the same time.
She grows and changes so fast, it has to be faster than the speed of light, but then, in a moment, like when I get to snuggle with her before bed, time just stands still. In that moment, time stops for just a second, and I get to be with her, just the two of us, and I get to feel the weight of her little body against mine - her love and warmth - and to smell her sweet scent, and to feel her breathing.... And it just takes my breath away that I get to experience that. And then I lay her down and time starts back up - taking on warp speed all over again.
So many people I know talk about spending more time together before having children. JP and I said that, too, but obviously God had another plan for us. And like a puzzle coming together, she was a piece we didn't even know we were missing. But now that she is here, it was. And just like I can't remember what life was like before JP was in it, neither JP or I can remember what life was like before Jenna was in it. We don't want to. Life as it is today is perfect, in the moments that move faster than light, but especially in those moments where time stands still.
Comments
Post a Comment