Happy Mother's Day...

Mother's Day was interesting this year.  It was a great day, save for the stomach bug and/or food poisoning I had...

As some of you may know, I am training to compete in a bodybuilding competition in September (I'm actually competing in a division called Women's Physique, which is similar to, but different from, bodybuilding).  As a result, I have a very strict nutrition plan I follow, and I am diligent about following it to the letter.  Last week my coach asked me what I would have if I had any meal at all, and I told him breakfast.  In response he told me to have whatever breakfast I want for Mother's Day, so we headed on to Waffle House yesterday morning for Mother's Day breakfast.

Now some people may have the same reaction to this as JP did - "You want to take your Mom to Waffle House for Mother's Day?" - but this is actually a good plan, as in our family, on both my Mom and my Dad's side, breakfast is the meal we love to have any time of the day.  Many times when I was little, we would end up at the Huddle House up the road for a Friday night family dinner out, and breakfast for dinner was a treat.  It's the same for JP and I, who love to cook breakfast for dinner.  As a result, Waffle House was a great choice for both Mom and I for Mother's Day.

Except for the fact that I did not react well to Waffle House.  After having eaten clean for the last 6 weeks, with no cheating whatsoever, I got so sick from the Waffle House.  I only ate about half of my breakfast, and the rest of breakfast was like being in a fun house - even the smell of JP's chocolate chip waffle was nauseating to me.  As it turns out, this was the only meal I had yesterday.  I knew I was sick then, as I usually have 6 meals in a day, and after not having eaten for 10 hours, I still had no appetite.

However, in spite of this, we did have a good day.  We just had one of those do whatever we want kind of days, which was nice and relaxing. :)

For the last two weeks, Jenna has insisted on taking her purse everywhere with her.  This is a guitar purse that was a gift from our friend, Kathy.  Jenna loves it and it goes everywhere with her!




Me and the munchkin. :)  The second pic, you can tell I was talking through my teeth.  The camera was acting up and JP was getting frustrated with it.


Jenna just adores all of her grandparents, and my mom is no exception.


This was the best we could do to get us all on the same page for the picture!

Dacie wanted to take part...

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great Mother's Day!

Comments