15 months old...what?

My, oh, my, how times does fly!

Jenna was 15 months old last week, and with that comes a 15 month "well" appointment with the doctor.  She is officially 25.5 lbs - which puts her in the 85th percentile, 32 inches long - which puts her in the 91st percentile and her head circumference is 45.5 cm - which puts her in the 33rd percentile.  Wait...what?  Lol.  I had to laugh at that disparity.  JP says, "so our child has a little head, huh?"  I guess when you put it on top of a tall body, it's not so noticable. Ha!

Seriously, Jenna is healthy...save for yet another set of ear infections.  Two weeks and we're back with them, so I asked for an ENT referral so we can discuss the possibility of tubes.  Of course, Memorial Day is coming up, so she is right on schedule.  What would a holiday be without a Jenna ear infection?!?

Jenna is jabbering more and more, starting to engage in more complicated play and her thing this week is giving big hugs.  She also wants a big hug when she falls down or has her feelings hurt.  It's really sweet.  On the other hand, she has learned to whine, and she does it often.  Ugh.  She is figuring out how to climb on things, using things like boxes and toys to try to climb on tables.  We are weaning her off of the paci.  Ok, the day care is weaning her off of the paci.  I still give it to her at night.  JP and I have discussed trying to take the paci away at night, but we haven't done it yet.  That should be an interesting experiement!  She is adding new words to her vocabulary every day and is mastering using the words she knows already (mastering = not mumbling).  She jabbers with intent and purpose, although we are still trying to figure out what she is saying.  For now, she is content if we respond in any way and doesn't seem to notice that we have no clue what she is saying.  On a questionnaire yesterday, it asked if I could understand most of what my child is saying.  I answered no, and it asked for an explanation, so I wrote that she jabbers constantly, but that she can communicate what she needs when she needs something.  Sometimes that means she has to do it by grunting, saying uh-uh, and pointing, but her needs are met. Haha!

Although I am tired a lot, this truly is a fun time and the experience changes from day to day.  One final note, Jenna is a Daddy's girl all the way.  There are two words she can say as clear as an adult....baby and Daddy.  And Daddy she says constantly.  Sometimes she will look out to the room she is in and say Daddy really loud and then just started jabbering, like if she says it loud enough when he is not there, he will be able to hear her.  Yesterday she fussed and wanted JP to hold her.  I handed her to him and she promptly turned around, put her hand in my face and said "Bye-bye!"  Definitely a Daddy's girl. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...