31 weeks and...maybe natural childbirth???

Now that the doctor's appointments are two weeks apart, it almost seems redundant to keep updating from each appointment, but.....I am going to do it anyway!

I met the final partner in the practice this morning, Dr. Lambert, and I also liked her very much.  I am very happy with the choice of doctors and feel very comfortable with each of the doctors in the practice.

Baby Cole and I are both in good shape!  I am still dealing with some swelling in my feet & legs, but it's not any worse than it has been for the last few appointments.  I tried TED hose to deal with it, but those things were a pain in the rear!  As a result, I had a suggestion for compression socks to wear during the day, so I am going to pick up some of those and see if they work better than the TED hose.  My blood pressure was a little elevated when I first got there (127/80, which is high for me), but it had gone down a bit, to 110/70, once I was ready to leave.  Belly measurements are good, weight has leveled out (with no additional weight gain in the last few appointments), and Baby's heart rate was good and strong.  She's been VERY active this morning since the appointment!  All is well and we are back on track to start meeting with Dr. Keeton again in January, which is good because I feel it has been put on my heart to consider all natural childbirth, and need to talk with her about the dynamics of this decision.

Speaking of this decision....whew!  What a debate starter!  I threw it out on Facebook, so I pick the brain of women who have done natural childbirth.  People have some very strong opinions, but I am finding that, overall, women who opted AND prepared for natural childbirth find it to be a preferential method of childbirth...so we will see! 

And speaking of Baby Cole's activity...she has been pushing a foot out of my belly from time to time.  It's such a weird sensation to feel, but amazing to put my hand there and realize it is my baby's little foot pushing out from inside me.  She did the other night while JP was there, and he was able to feel her finally!  It was an amazing experience - and we were able to experience it in line at the Dunkin Donuts! Lol! 

I think I have also talked about how low she sits (all you have to do is look at me to know!).  I didn't realize how much she compresses my bladder until the other night, when her rear end pushed up again my ribs.  All the sudden I could go to the bathroom (for real!) for the first time in a few days!  This may be TMI for you, but it was awesome for me! :)

Finally, an update from the last blog entry.  As stated in the comments, Monica had Gavin...what a cute little boy.  Mom, Dad and Gavin are all home, happy and healthy!

Also, Kelly and Cory have had Marcus home for just shy of a week, and what a cutie!  I can't wait to meet him!  You can check out their journey (and pictures!) at: Steps of Faith

Have a wonderful and blessed holiday!

Love,

Julie:)

Comments

  1. I'll fill you in on my Natural Childbirth experiences when we see each other...I wouldn't have it any other way, it's worth all the pain & I seriously think you heal faster.
    <3 ya!
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...