Fasting glucose, Ooh La La!
I went this morning for my fasting glucose test and to meet with Dr. Morton, one of the doctors in the practice.
First, I won't have the results of the fasting glucose test until tomorrow, but everything else looked good. Last week my blood pressure was a bit elevated. Actually, at 122/70, it was elevated for me, although still in the normal range, but the fact that I was also a bit swollen everywhere concerned me. After being examinated by Dr. Morton, everything checked out. My BP was back to 107/70 and my urine sample was all clear (TMI for some, but important to help determine if I am having certain complications). My belly, although feeling huge to me (and to others, judging by their reactions) is within the normal range, the swelling seems to be back to a manageable level and the baby's heart rate was strong.
Second, I really feel blessed. I have met three of the five doctors in the practice and have liked them all. They are efficient, but don't make me feel like they are herding me through. Thus far I would feel comfortable with any of them delivering Baby Cole, which I am happy with, as I have a few friends who loved their doctor, but didn't care for other doctors in the practice.
I'll post updates regarding the glocuse results. As of now, time is ticking away, and baby Cole will be here before we know it!!
Here is a current pic of me - out at Utopia the other night, where JP was playing with Darren. I was making the face for Shanna - begged her to at least let me stand up, but she was too fast!
Here is one of JP and Darren playing:
Have a great day!
Julie
First, I won't have the results of the fasting glucose test until tomorrow, but everything else looked good. Last week my blood pressure was a bit elevated. Actually, at 122/70, it was elevated for me, although still in the normal range, but the fact that I was also a bit swollen everywhere concerned me. After being examinated by Dr. Morton, everything checked out. My BP was back to 107/70 and my urine sample was all clear (TMI for some, but important to help determine if I am having certain complications). My belly, although feeling huge to me (and to others, judging by their reactions) is within the normal range, the swelling seems to be back to a manageable level and the baby's heart rate was strong.
Second, I really feel blessed. I have met three of the five doctors in the practice and have liked them all. They are efficient, but don't make me feel like they are herding me through. Thus far I would feel comfortable with any of them delivering Baby Cole, which I am happy with, as I have a few friends who loved their doctor, but didn't care for other doctors in the practice.
I'll post updates regarding the glocuse results. As of now, time is ticking away, and baby Cole will be here before we know it!!
Here is a current pic of me - out at Utopia the other night, where JP was playing with Darren. I was making the face for Shanna - begged her to at least let me stand up, but she was too fast!
Here is one of JP and Darren playing:
Have a great day!
Julie


Comments
Post a Comment