Not exactly how I thought I would spend my anniversary...
Yesterday morning, I woke up and my stomach was a little sour. I figured this was one of those days that my body did not appreciate having coffee on an empty stomach, so I made it a priority to get some breakfast in me. Halfway through my morning meeting at work, I started feeling very queasy, my head started hurting and I felt like I would fall right to sleep if I put my head down. Not good. My stomach got upset three times in quick succession (yeah, yeah, TMI...whatever) so I went to my boss and asked if I could leave. He said yes, so I made my way home.
I knew on the way home what was happening. I am the one who hates throwing up with a passion (who likes it, anyway?) and I am always the one who ends up getting the stomach viruses. I had that feeling. If you have ever had a stomach virus, you know what I mean - the "I think I might actually feel better if I throw up" feeling. However, if you have ever had the stomach virus (as I have a number of times in the past 3 years), you will also know that actually throwing up is the beginning of the end of sanity, at least until the virus passes.
So it is that about 11:30 yesterday, I was no longer able to out-will the desire and it started. It was relatively short lived - compared to other times in the past for me - about 3-3.5 hours - but it was very intense. And all of this the day before my 4th wedding anniversary.
Needless to say, this thing can be very contagious, so Jenna stayed with my Dad last night, JP slept between an air mattress and the couch, and I stayed quarantined to the bedroom. And we did not get our internet switched over until this morning, so to say that I was BORED by the end of the evening last night is an understatement. However, boredom was a welcome change to the nap - vomit - upset stomach cycle that had rocked me earlier in the day.
Now I sit here, patiently warming up some chicken noodle soup, ready to try my hand at some broth and maybe a bite of noodle. I made it through a glass of water, a glass of Gatorade and two popsicles last night. They stayed down, but they caused a stir in my abdomen that was a bit painful. But even that was better than the alternative.
I am feeling much better, but I am feeling a bit sorry for myself. No hugs or kisses to wake me up on my anniversary. I get that I am a pariah to my husband at the moment. If the roles were reversed, I would totally do the same thing, but it does suck to not be able to snuggle on the morning of my anniversary. :( He did brave a lone kiss on my cheek - after I wiped everything down with bleach and had managed a shower.
And I have never loved a kiss on the cheek so much!
Happy Anniversary, JP! I love you and I thank God everyday for you and Jenna. You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old, you are my lover, your my best friend, you're in my soul...
...and I will get those snuggles...soon...
I knew on the way home what was happening. I am the one who hates throwing up with a passion (who likes it, anyway?) and I am always the one who ends up getting the stomach viruses. I had that feeling. If you have ever had a stomach virus, you know what I mean - the "I think I might actually feel better if I throw up" feeling. However, if you have ever had the stomach virus (as I have a number of times in the past 3 years), you will also know that actually throwing up is the beginning of the end of sanity, at least until the virus passes.
So it is that about 11:30 yesterday, I was no longer able to out-will the desire and it started. It was relatively short lived - compared to other times in the past for me - about 3-3.5 hours - but it was very intense. And all of this the day before my 4th wedding anniversary.
Needless to say, this thing can be very contagious, so Jenna stayed with my Dad last night, JP slept between an air mattress and the couch, and I stayed quarantined to the bedroom. And we did not get our internet switched over until this morning, so to say that I was BORED by the end of the evening last night is an understatement. However, boredom was a welcome change to the nap - vomit - upset stomach cycle that had rocked me earlier in the day.
Now I sit here, patiently warming up some chicken noodle soup, ready to try my hand at some broth and maybe a bite of noodle. I made it through a glass of water, a glass of Gatorade and two popsicles last night. They stayed down, but they caused a stir in my abdomen that was a bit painful. But even that was better than the alternative.
I am feeling much better, but I am feeling a bit sorry for myself. No hugs or kisses to wake me up on my anniversary. I get that I am a pariah to my husband at the moment. If the roles were reversed, I would totally do the same thing, but it does suck to not be able to snuggle on the morning of my anniversary. :( He did brave a lone kiss on my cheek - after I wiped everything down with bleach and had managed a shower.
And I have never loved a kiss on the cheek so much!
Happy Anniversary, JP! I love you and I thank God everyday for you and Jenna. You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old, you are my lover, your my best friend, you're in my soul...
...and I will get those snuggles...soon...
Comments
Post a Comment