Happy New Year!
Wow! I can hardly believe it is 2013 already!
2012 was a big year...Jenna turned 1...JP turned 30...and everything in between. It wasn't without it's lumps, but overall it was a good year.
2013 is already shaping up to be a busy year...
Jenna will turn 2.
We'll celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary.
JP will be 8 in sobriety years, and I will be 15.
JP will turn 31 (the one that really hurts) and I will turn 38 (inching ever closer to 40).
We are working on closing on a new home (if we ever get through the underwriting process) and look forward to moving and getting settled in there.
Jenna is growing like a weed and gaining new skills every day. Her vocabulary is exploding. She is a parrot and will repeat anything you say, but she also can hold a conversation, can reason (and attempt to manipulate) using words, and is very curious about things. She is also very concerned with other people. She will ask me if I am sad or tired when I seem to be one of those things and she works to minimize conflict with other children (i.e., if there are a bunch of kids on a playground, she will stand aside and let every kid who comes up to a slide go before she goes to keep from being pushed or trampled). She definitely has JP's laid back personality. She is starting to sing a lot and constantly says, "Mommy, turn the music on/up" when we are in the car. She dances a lot, loves to "cook" on her play kitchen, adores her Daddy, and gets mad at me when I leave her. She "cooks" for JP every day, saying, "I'm cooking for Daddy. Not yours, Mommy!" LMAO! She is an amazing hugger and can give Eskimo kisses like no one else.
In addition to her vocabulary, she can say her ABC's, count to 20 in English and count to 10 in Spanish. She has a growing list of songs she can sing (like Mommy, she can't carry a tune to save her life) and she is really mastering her gross motor skills (and getting a grasp on some of the fine motor skills, too). She can use a fork, a spoon and can drink from a cup with no lid (although having a lid helps mom stay sane). She can brush her teeth, zip a zipper, put her shoes on by herself (although they end up on the wrong foot more often than not) and we have been working on getting her socks on with some help. She can also hook her own car seat straps (although I only let her do the chest strap, as she would pinch her fingers all the time if she did the lap straps on her own). Essentially, she will be at the stage where she gets herself naked and out of her carseat while I am driving down the road before long. :)
She is starting to have an opinion about what she wants to eat, what she wants to wear and what she wants to do. I am having to accept that she is now a little girl and no longer a baby. I could go on all day, so I will stop here. Lol.
Here is a video of her singing the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star yesterday:
Happy New Year to everyone!
2012 was a big year...Jenna turned 1...JP turned 30...and everything in between. It wasn't without it's lumps, but overall it was a good year.
2013 is already shaping up to be a busy year...
Jenna will turn 2.
We'll celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary.
JP will be 8 in sobriety years, and I will be 15.
JP will turn 31 (the one that really hurts) and I will turn 38 (inching ever closer to 40).
We are working on closing on a new home (if we ever get through the underwriting process) and look forward to moving and getting settled in there.
Jenna is growing like a weed and gaining new skills every day. Her vocabulary is exploding. She is a parrot and will repeat anything you say, but she also can hold a conversation, can reason (and attempt to manipulate) using words, and is very curious about things. She is also very concerned with other people. She will ask me if I am sad or tired when I seem to be one of those things and she works to minimize conflict with other children (i.e., if there are a bunch of kids on a playground, she will stand aside and let every kid who comes up to a slide go before she goes to keep from being pushed or trampled). She definitely has JP's laid back personality. She is starting to sing a lot and constantly says, "Mommy, turn the music on/up" when we are in the car. She dances a lot, loves to "cook" on her play kitchen, adores her Daddy, and gets mad at me when I leave her. She "cooks" for JP every day, saying, "I'm cooking for Daddy. Not yours, Mommy!" LMAO! She is an amazing hugger and can give Eskimo kisses like no one else.
In addition to her vocabulary, she can say her ABC's, count to 20 in English and count to 10 in Spanish. She has a growing list of songs she can sing (like Mommy, she can't carry a tune to save her life) and she is really mastering her gross motor skills (and getting a grasp on some of the fine motor skills, too). She can use a fork, a spoon and can drink from a cup with no lid (although having a lid helps mom stay sane). She can brush her teeth, zip a zipper, put her shoes on by herself (although they end up on the wrong foot more often than not) and we have been working on getting her socks on with some help. She can also hook her own car seat straps (although I only let her do the chest strap, as she would pinch her fingers all the time if she did the lap straps on her own). Essentially, she will be at the stage where she gets herself naked and out of her carseat while I am driving down the road before long. :)
She is starting to have an opinion about what she wants to eat, what she wants to wear and what she wants to do. I am having to accept that she is now a little girl and no longer a baby. I could go on all day, so I will stop here. Lol.
Here is a video of her singing the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star yesterday:
Happy New Year to everyone!
Comments
Post a Comment