Jenna says "I Love You"

We have been working on helping Jenna put strings of words together, like "bye bye Daddy" or "more, please."  She is really improving at putting two words together, they are not a repeat of the same words (i.e., bye-bye or dog dog).  For example, she can say "more water" (sounds like "mo wawa), "it's bath time!", "go potty" and so on.  Getting her to say three words in a sentence structure is a whole different ball game.  But one of the ones we have been working on is teaching her how to say "I love you."  Previously she could say, when prompted, I ...  love... you.  but she never said mroe than two of the words together - until this week, when she said "I love you."  JP and I looked at each other and started cheering her one, and she kept saying it over and over.  JP grabbed his phone and started rolling a video....and she stopped, and started staring at the screen with a blank look (which is her favorite reaction to us attempting to get stuff on film). 

This morning, she started saying it again, so I grabbed my phone.  She did the same thing, but I was bound and determined to get it on video.  So....with much prompting and a mouth full of food...she finally obliged.  It's much more muffled, as she can usually say it clear as a bell, but I was happy to get anything on video since she has been so shy lately on film!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...