It's been a long week...
Jenna has been sick all week, which means Mommy has been home all week. It started out as a run of the mill cold, but two nights ago, Jenna woke up screaming and her temperature had spiked. A trip to the doctor yesterday revealed an infection in her right ear and thrush in her mouth. They also did a flu test because a lot of her syptoms were consistent with the flu, and fortunately that came back negative. The doctor said that, having ruled out the flu, it appeared that Jenna had the adenovirus, which cannot be treated, save for the side effects - like thrush in her mouth and the infection in her ear. We were able to start her on antibiotics for those late yesterday, but her fever continued to climb last night, even with fever reducer. Jenna was so miserable yesterday she literally slept the entire day. Her fever scared me late yesterday, but the doctor's office advised that we monitor and bring her in again today if we did not see improvement this morning. I am happy to report that this morning her fever had gone down a good bit. She was due for fever reducer again at 1:30 today and a check of her temperature around that time showed a normal temp! Yay! So we skipped the fever reducer and just took the other medications. Looks like we will be back to a normal schedule tomorrow. :)
I am super grateful for my job and my boss, who is understanding during times like these. Given that JP works in the evenings (which really is a misleading term, considering that he only works Monday-Thursday and has to do 10 hour days to make his full work week), he usually can keep the baby until he goes into work at noon, but....it's January and he is full on clients at the gym in the morning, so no can do. As a result, I have been home with Jenna all week. This is a blessing, as I want to be the one taking care of her when she is sick. But it also confirms to me that I meant to be a working mom. I just start to feel crazy when I have been home for a few days. I like to spend time with Jenna, and it has been nice to be there for her this week when she isn't feeling good (especially since she is so snuggly), but I just can't imagine being here day in and day out.
Overall, I am just happy that she is getting back to normal.
As always, I took pictures this week. Lol.
Day 1 - could barely hold her eyes open - she was so lethargic:
I am super grateful for my job and my boss, who is understanding during times like these. Given that JP works in the evenings (which really is a misleading term, considering that he only works Monday-Thursday and has to do 10 hour days to make his full work week), he usually can keep the baby until he goes into work at noon, but....it's January and he is full on clients at the gym in the morning, so no can do. As a result, I have been home with Jenna all week. This is a blessing, as I want to be the one taking care of her when she is sick. But it also confirms to me that I meant to be a working mom. I just start to feel crazy when I have been home for a few days. I like to spend time with Jenna, and it has been nice to be there for her this week when she isn't feeling good (especially since she is so snuggly), but I just can't imagine being here day in and day out.
Overall, I am just happy that she is getting back to normal.
As always, I took pictures this week. Lol.
Day 1 - could barely hold her eyes open - she was so lethargic:
Day 2 - seemed to be better, although the fever was hanging on and she had an insane runny nose and weepy eyes...
Day 3 - much worse. Fever spikes, bad cough, super runny nose, and was very lethargic. Here are a couple of pictures I took while we were waiting for her doctor (the only time all day she was awake) - after which we found out she also had the ear infection and thrush...
Day 4 (today) - the antibiotics did the trick! Although we started out slow this morning, she has improved with each passing hour, looking much like her normal self...
Daddy gave Mommy a quick break before heading off to work, and when I got out the shower, this is what I found...
I love my sweeties! :)
Comments
Post a Comment