Jenna had her first try at rice cereal tonight. She started off okay, but quickly became impatient and frustrated with the whole process! Thank goodness we get to try again tomorrow...
" Yes matters to me on a deep level - saying a broad and brave yes to this beautiful world, to love and challenge, and hard laughing and dancing and trying and failing. Yes is totally my jam. But you can't have yes without no . Another way to say it: if you're not careful with your yeses , you start to say no to some very important things without even realizing it. In my rampant yes-yes-yes-ing , I said no , without intending to, to rest, to peace, to groundedness, to listening, to deep and slow connection, built over years instead of moments. All my yeses brought me to a shallow way of living - an exhausting, frantic lifestyle that actually ended up having little resemblance to that deep, brave yes I was searching for. And so if you, like me, have said too many yeses , and found that all that hopeful, exciting, wide-open intention has actually left you scraped raw and empty, the word that can change everything is no ." -Shauna Niequist, Present Over ...
Hello to all of you, our friends and family! We are very excited about this new journey in our lives, and have created this blog as a way to share our ongoing news about Baby Cole with each of you! As you may already know, JP and I are expecting our first child, due on February 24, 2011. This was a surprise, but is very much a blessing! As of now, I am midway through my 12th week of pregnancy, and we were happy to get started in the second trimester. Since we are in the second trimester, I will take a moment to catch everyone up on what we've missed so far... Our first appointment was for the 8 week check up (which was an excruciating wait, given that we had found out we were pregnant over 4 weeks before!). That was on 7/20, and we were able to hear the heartbeat (at a healthy 169 bpm) and see the heartbeat "flicker" - which was an amazing and awe-inspiring experience for us. Here is the first ultrasound: I know, I know! A little peanut, a blob, a parasite (l...
We are, in each moment, as we are meant to be. Happiness. Joy. Trials. Tribulation. They are the experiences of life that forge who we are, shape our gifts. We are the ones who choose whether they chip away the best or the worst of us. In January 2016 I attended a Daring Way weekend with a group of amazing ladies. We reflected on the parts of us that need to be buried, put to rest. We reflected on those things that need to be brought up, refined in the light. We considered the duality of these, how they are necessary opposites for our growth and development, and how, in the end, they cannot exist in the same time and space. As we wrapped up the weekend, we meditated on these to this song: I am Light - India Arie I felt lighter walking out of that space. A new beginning, a shedding of a skin that no longer served me. That is how this walk works, the peeling away of that which hinders our growth, that blocks us from becoming that which serves the greater good. ...
Comments
Post a Comment