The mentality of a toddler...

Last Sunday, as I got dressed and ready to head up to Minute Clinic to head off this upper respiratory infection, Jenna asked JP where I was going.  He told her I was going to the doctor because I was sick. She looked at him with a puzzled look and said, "But I'm a doctor.  I can fix her." And promptly grabbed her "doctor's" bag to set out to make me well.

In preparing for the baby, we have been working out plans with various family members to come and stay to help us and with Jenna.  Two of those are JP's mom, Nana B, and sister, Aunt Kimmie.  The other night we were riding along in the car, and Jenna asked us, "Hey, hey, HEY!!!  Guess whose coming to town?"  Then she said at the top of her lungs, "AUNT KIMMIE & NANA B!!!"  Immediately followed by, "And then Santa Claus is coming to town, too."

Speaking of Santa Claus....we asked Jenna early on what she would like for Santa to bring her.  She has repeatedly said, "A Christmas Bubby."  For those of you who don't know, Bubby is her prized stuffed animal.  Bubby gets examined with her at the doctor's office...Bubby goes everywhere...even to see Santa...
As a result, we were curious to have her elaborate on what a Christmas Bubby is.  We have asked a number of times and ways, but she never would answer the question in manner that gave us any real indication of what exactly a Christmas Bubby is or looks like.  The other night we told her we needed her to tell us exactly what a Christmas Bubby looks like so we can tell Santa. Her response? "Mommy & Daddy, Santa knows what a Christmas Bubby looks like."  

Each week Jenna has a new word she has added to her vocabulary.  I wrote in the last post about her use of "I'm frustrated..."  Another one from this week is saying that things are bothering her.  Last night, we were up half of the night with what we knew was an ear infection, and she kept saying, "My ear is bodering me!"  But she also has a grasp on telling us to stop bothering her or that something that is happening is bothering her.  

I know there are so many more that I am forgetting to include here, but as I remember them, I will post more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...