Hamburger or turtle?
So...July 10th has finally arrived! We have been trucking along, living life at it's usual breakneck pace. To stop and watch the new baby this morning was a blessing. Before we went, I talked with Jenna about it, and she got into the excitement...
After I dropped Jenna off at school, we headed on to the doctor's office for an ultrasound. We saw her heart, ribs, legs, feet spine, and hands. We also found out the sex...in preparation, Jenna recorded a few videos, one for each sex, so she could be the one to announce it to the world. Without further delay, here is Jenna telling the world the sex of the new baby...
After I dropped Jenna off at school, we headed on to the doctor's office for an ultrasound. We saw her heart, ribs, legs, feet spine, and hands. We also found out the sex...in preparation, Jenna recorded a few videos, one for each sex, so she could be the one to announce it to the world. Without further delay, here is Jenna telling the world the sex of the new baby...
Poor child! So excited now, but wait until this baby comes 1-2 weeks before Christmas. We'll see how excited she will be then. Haha!
We have been talking with her about the baby since we found out we were pregnant. She doesn't fully grasp the concept yet, but I am guessing she understands a little better than we think she does. Not long ago, I was holding a friend's newborn and I asked Jenna if she understood that Mommy was going to have a baby like that, and she dropped her head a little and quietly said yes. It was sweet and sad all at the same time.
The funny part is that she keeps telling me she has a baby in her belly. From other people who have been pregnant with children around this age, I have discovered that this is normal. Yesterday, Jenna told me she had a baby in her belly. I said, "Really, because Mommy has a baby in her belly, too!" Jenna didn't miss a beat, immediately replying, "NO!! I have a baby in MY belly!" Then this morning, she said, "Mommy, you have a baby in your belly?" I replied, "Yes, I do. Do you have a baby in your belly, too?" To which she replied (in a totally exasperated manner), "Uh, no. You have the baby in YOUR belly!" I'll figure her logic out one day...maybe. :)
Comments
Post a Comment