Oh! How Fast She Grows!

Jenna has been growing so fast we can hardly keep up with her!  I wanted to put some of the new videos on here for everyone.

First, she will be 5 months old this Sunday!  What?!?  Where the time go?  Second, she is still off the charts in length and weight.  She's pushing 19 pounds and 27 inches at this point.  She is bigger than some of the 9-12 month olds in her infant room at day care!  She's in a solid 6-9 month size clothes.  Fortunately sweet Kennedy was too, so Melissa keeps passing on clothes that Jenna can fit in now, which is very helpful to the wallet.  There was a time when I was obsessed with shopping for me....now I have to limit my shopping for her!  Between Zulily and auctions on FB, I could easily spend way too much money on her!

As far as developmental milestones, she is a master at rolling from her back to her belly.  Not so much the other way around.  JP and I were on the floor with her for an hour each day last weekend, leaving her on her stomach (frustrated and all) trying to give her an opportunity to roll from front to back.  She got mad, frog legged a lot (which we thought might result in a flip from front to back), but no go.  We'll keep trying...  In the meantime, I have tried for three weeks to get her rolling over on video.  Over and over again she would stare at the camera, sometimes jabber and flirt, but never roll over.  The second I would stop filming, she would flip right over.  Tonight I finally got it on tape!  Woohoo!  Here you go...


Jenna also LOVES to stand up.  She will fuss and fuss until you stand her up.  Her balance isn't such that she can pull herself up, but all you have to do is let her hold two fingers and she is good to go until you get tired.  She will literally stand up for hours on end.  She especially loves it when you are slouched down or lying down, as she is taller than you.  I think it builds her up....or at least gives her a totally different vantage point.  I don't have a video of her standing, except for the one in previous posts.  I'll have to get it.  

She has been sitting up a little on her own.  She does really well when propped against a pillow or even the back of a chair.  She has gotten good at that without flopping over to one side, but until this week she couldn't sit up on her own without falling over or leaning all the way to the front (which I have to admit we have let her do a few times because it is hilarious!).  Last night she was sitting up for good periods of time on her own, so I decided to grab my phone and try to videotape her.  The first video I took she was sitting up on her own for a solid 30 seconds, but when I replayed it I realized I had my finger over the camera.  Not so helpful.  So I tried again.  The result was not what I was hoping - in fact it makes me seem like I might be stretching the truth - but in context it is quite funny.  So....here is the video I was trying to take of her sitting up on her own...




And I have I mentioned before that Jenna also loves to dance?!?  She really does (this is not just me making her dance!).  If you sing to her or there is music on, she will kick and kick her legs, bounce up and down, and gets a huge smile on her face.  I have previously posted a video of her "dancing" in her exersaucer.  Of course in that one she gets distracted by her own image in the mirror.  Here is a video of her yesterday in the exersaucer.  She has such fancy footwork already, I wonder if she isn't going to be like her Mom and resemble Mumble from Happy Feet (i.e., can't carry a tune but can dance like crazy!). :)



As always, I am just blown away by how fast she is growing and how she can do more and more each day.  It's the small things, like being able to grip a toy or put her paci in and out of her mouth, that would be easy to miss if you didn't pay attention.  It's too sweet!

I'm sure there will be more to come later! Happy Friday to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...