Oh wow! It's getting REAL now!

I have been wanting to write all week, but after sitting at a desk all day at work, I just don't feel like doing it at home!  Especially since I have to elevate my poor swollen feet!

Last week when I went to the doctor, she said she didn't think I would go full term. I went back to work and Boss and I (yes, that is our favorite name for Frankie..."Boss") started getting a plan of action together.  I have a high caseload right now, and there seems to be a good bit of people who are not enrolled, who still take up 80% of my time.  As a result, we are having to bring someone in part-time to cover me while I am out.  Which makes me happy - because I know my caseload will have someone watching over it, and also because I don't have to worry about my co-workers getting bogged down with extra work trying to cover me (although I know they won't mind because that is how we do it...just not for 8 weeks...lol).  After that I came home and started doing final preparations here.  First, the list of necessities that we didn't have, like the crib mattress and changing pad for the changing table, and other little items.  Yes, I know that I can change the baby on the floor, but in the interest of saving my back, I consider the changing pad a necessity! :)  Funny...we picked up everything on the list, worked hard to get the nursery back in order after bringing another load of things in there, having David put up a new fan for us (thanks, David!! :)), moved the treadmill into the living room, and many other little things...and I just realized we don't even have a hospital bag packed! Guess we better get on that!

Then I see the doctor this week...good news all around.  The baby is healthy.  I am healthy - great blood pressure, urine tests all check out, I'm feeling good overall (sore, but good).  The doctor confirms what I thought - Jenna has turned and is now facing down.  I have a short torso, and she is running out of room.  And has started to drop....

....wait....what?

Oh yes...it doesn't look like we're going to make it to February 24th afterall.  Or at least nature seems to be indicating that this is the case.  So now reality is starting to set in.  Excitement is mixed with caution.  As in, I am ready for her to come...to see her face, kiss her hands, rub her belly, smell her precious baby smell...but I am also not quite ready...and find myself bargaining with God, Mother Nature and Jenna for 2 more weeks!

But as with everything else in life...it's not on my time.  As a result, I am trying to focus on what it is like to have her moving around inside of me.  A butt poking out here, a knee there, hiccups from time to time, and the tendency to streeeeeeetch out while I am work, and ball up while I am asleep.  Asleep!  Haha! That's funny.  Should I say, when I am napping, between trips to the restroom and getting up to stretch out my hips and back to ease the ache. Like I said in the last post...this moment, which right here and now seems so slow, will be over before I know it.  And then it is on to another moment I want to capture, to freeze in time, to savor....and then another...


Comments

  1. Patiently waiting for that miracle named "Jenna Mae"
    Love you all!
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...