It's our anniversary...

So JP and I have been married two years today, and been together four years this week!  Here are a few pictures from the last four years...

The "first picture" of us as a couple - at a party for Laura's birthday in early February 2007:


Us at our wedding, two years ago today:

Us at our "second" wedding - at Easter Vigil last year when we had our vows convalidated in the Catholic Church:

One of us during our maternity shoot - this is a good representation of how we are together :) : 

And one of my favorite shots at our maternity shoot - in preparation for our sweet baby girl:


It's amazing how many things can happen in two short years!  It's also insane how it feels like it has been so much longer...

I just had to take a moment to tell the world how very grateful I am to have JP in my life.  He's an amazing gift from God, for sure.  A strong man - I mean, he does handle me, after all, and many of you know that has to take a special person! Ha!  Seriously, when I look at him, I truly could outline a long list of things I admire and respect about him.  His faithfulness to his Higher Power, his program of recovery, and to continuing to grow into the person God would have him be put him in a perfect position to help heal my love-shy heart and to again trust in the power of love.  He truly is a loving  man, a thoughtful husband, and I know he will be a wonderful father.  

Please pray for us as we enter into our final days as a couple, and prepare for life as a family.  Although this is an exciting and wondrous time, we are entering unchartered territory, and know that we will need the love, support and prayers of our families and friends to work through this new phase of our lives together.

I usually put this video on his Facebook, but I thought I would share here this time.  I can remember the moment when I knew I was falling in love with him - the real deal.  He was still living in Florence and I was visiting.  He is shy singing in front of me these days, but he will sing when I'm not in the room, so sometimes I stop and sit on the floor in the next room and listen to him sing.  He knows I am there, and it's a way he bashfully bares this part of himself to me.  It was the same way with the guitar in the beginning (which seems funny now, since he plays any- and everywhere!).  I had taken a shower and was getting ready to walk into his room to let him know I was ready to go when I realized he was playing this song.  It was a fairly new album then and I was in love with this song, and the album.  I sat on the bathroom counter for 20 minutes or more listening to him play the guitar, song after song, until he realized so much time had passed.  Like I am when he sings, I was moved to tears listening to him play.  It's still one of my favorite things to do - I even asked if he could play the guitar in the birthing room because it relaxes us both so much.  And, for me, it all started with this song...and some of you may remember, my Dad walked me down the aisle to this song...



 As always, thank you to each and everyone of you, whose love and support sustains us!

Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...