Ultrasound #3 - Not as easy to see...
Good morning to all!
Sorry about the delay in getting this posted. JP and I headed out to the beach immediately following our last doctor's appointment so he could compete in his last triathlon of the season. So....we were out of town and have been busy since we have been back, so I am just getting to this. :) Here is a couple of pictures from the triathlon (I'm so proud of him!!!):
Ok..back to the baby business...we had our 16 week ultrasound on 9/10. It was specifically to measure my cervix for thinning and/or shortening. I am happy to report that all is well in that department! This is a relief to us, as all of the research about LEEP and subsequent incompetent cervix issues was a concern. It looks as though all is well with my cervix for now.
As a result, we also got to see Baby Cole for the third month in a row, which is a blessing. For those of you who don't know, most people only get an eight week ultrasound and a twenty week ultrasound. Because of my history of LEEP and cervical cancer, I was scheduled to have one ultrasound a month through the fifth month.
The heartbeat is still very strong and we could see Baby Cole flipping around, back and forth, up and down. Very active! I am still at a point where I can't usually feel this, but I have started to be able to detect pressure in my abdomen when the baby is moving around a lot.
During the ultrasound, we asked the tech to seee if we could determine the sex yet. She did some investigating, and when she came to a certain area, she would apply pressure and ask us if we could see anything. She then pointed out she said should look like an equals sign, but I think we both had difficulty seeing it. I saw it light up when she applied pressure, but this also could have been a product of my expectations! :) She said this is an early indictation that it COULD be a girl, but would not say for sure either way. Which means we will have to wait until the next ultrasound to hopefully find out for sure.
As for the pictures, she chose two to print for us that I didn't think showed a whole lot - unless you know what you're looking at! The first one I do like because you can see the skeleton - the bones of the face, the spine, the ribes, and maybe a pelvic or leg bone at the bottom. The picture is very fuzzy and there is a red line through the middle where I had it folded up. The skeletal outline is just above the red line:
Sorry about it being crooked!
So...our next appointment is on October 4th. Keep us and Baby Cole in your prayers in the meantime!
Love,
Julie & JP
Sorry about the delay in getting this posted. JP and I headed out to the beach immediately following our last doctor's appointment so he could compete in his last triathlon of the season. So....we were out of town and have been busy since we have been back, so I am just getting to this. :) Here is a couple of pictures from the triathlon (I'm so proud of him!!!):
Ok..back to the baby business...we had our 16 week ultrasound on 9/10. It was specifically to measure my cervix for thinning and/or shortening. I am happy to report that all is well in that department! This is a relief to us, as all of the research about LEEP and subsequent incompetent cervix issues was a concern. It looks as though all is well with my cervix for now.
As a result, we also got to see Baby Cole for the third month in a row, which is a blessing. For those of you who don't know, most people only get an eight week ultrasound and a twenty week ultrasound. Because of my history of LEEP and cervical cancer, I was scheduled to have one ultrasound a month through the fifth month.
The heartbeat is still very strong and we could see Baby Cole flipping around, back and forth, up and down. Very active! I am still at a point where I can't usually feel this, but I have started to be able to detect pressure in my abdomen when the baby is moving around a lot.
During the ultrasound, we asked the tech to seee if we could determine the sex yet. She did some investigating, and when she came to a certain area, she would apply pressure and ask us if we could see anything. She then pointed out she said should look like an equals sign, but I think we both had difficulty seeing it. I saw it light up when she applied pressure, but this also could have been a product of my expectations! :) She said this is an early indictation that it COULD be a girl, but would not say for sure either way. Which means we will have to wait until the next ultrasound to hopefully find out for sure.
As for the pictures, she chose two to print for us that I didn't think showed a whole lot - unless you know what you're looking at! The first one I do like because you can see the skeleton - the bones of the face, the spine, the ribes, and maybe a pelvic or leg bone at the bottom. The picture is very fuzzy and there is a red line through the middle where I had it folded up. The skeletal outline is just above the red line:
We also have another ultrasound picture. This one is supposedly of the face, but I have looked at it a million times, and I am still not seeing it! I'll share with you guys in case you can! :)
So...our next appointment is on October 4th. Keep us and Baby Cole in your prayers in the meantime!
Love,
Julie & JP




.jpg)
.jpg)
I LOVE YOU GUYS & my NIECE...Dev dreamt it was a girl so that's what we're going with! Let's narrow down the names :0)
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Kimmie
I almost forgot what it was like to be pregnant....I am truly happy for you three~
ReplyDelete