Here comes Santa Claus...and Baby Jesus...and...

And the fun begins!  Jenna's first Christmas!  Everyone keeps asking, "What did you guys get for Jenna for Christmas??" 

Ummmmm.  Hmmmmm.  Well.....yeah...uhhhhh...nothing, so far.  Seriously.  I have come to the realization that, at least for this year, Christmas is about us, and not really about her.  The evidence to support this belief:
  • Her: She has no interest in the Christmas tree.
    • Us: Thankful for this, as I have read a bunch of stories about making sure they don't put an eye out on a branch, choke themselves on an ornament or ornament hook, and so on. 
  • Her: Has no clue who Santa Claus is. 
    • Us: We are going to take her to have a picture made with Santa on Friday - for memories sake - but I have a feeling Santa will make her cry. 
  • Her: Has no attachment to toys.  Case in point: her favorite toy right now is the safety door knob covers from the child proofing kit and the running a close second is a tie between the pots/pans and the funnels from the one cabinet she can open in the kitchen.
    • Us: Will be making the mad rush to Target this week to buy the one toy we want to get her.
  • Her: Consistently spits up on the cutest Christmas outfits I put her in (although she has not spit up on months prior to this).
    • Us: Will continue to dress in her in said Christmas outfits anyway!
  • Her: Has no clue who Baby Jesus is or why his birth is so important
    • Us: Read her the story of Jesus' birth every night before bed anyway.
I somehow feel like I should feel guilty about the fact that I don't have her a monogrammed stocking yet, or a gift under the tree (save for ones provided by family), or a slew of baby's First Christmas ornaments.  Why should I feel guilty?  She doesn't know the difference.  She is clueless about what is happening around her.  We will do everything for the sake of recording it - it is her first Christmas afterall - but I have a feeling she's not going to do anything like we expect her to.     

However, in the spirit of our newfound addiction to saving money, I will be ordering a stocking on clearance or super sale, snatching up Baby's First Christmas ornaments for 75% off - and planning better for homemade gifts for next year - when she will be just old enough to really show out for Santa...:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Word That Can Change Everything

Hello to all!

On becoming...