Oh how the time flies!
I know there are some of you who are not on Facebook, and who check here for updates on Miss Jenna. I do apologize about the shortage of updates as of late, but being home with a newborn doesn't leave anywhere near the time to take care of these things as I once thought they would. As I stated in an earlier post...what a reality check!
I don't have much time for an update now, but thought I would try to steal a few moments while the little monkey naps!
Oh where to start?!?! She will be 5 weeks old tomorrow! She is changing so fast it's hard to keep up with everything. I have been fairly diligent about putting thoughts in a note in my iPhone and with taking pictures of things I want to document for the future. I'm hoping to start adding those to this blog to share with friends and family who are spread near and far. Speaking of friends and family...
Haven't I mentioned before how ridiculously blessed we are?!? Hmmm....I'm going to say it again. Over the course of the pregnancy and since Jenna's birth we have experienced an outpouring of love and support that is truly mind blowing. How do we use words to express our gratitude? Is thank you enough? I guess it will have to be. A huge expression of gratitude for the love, prayers, support, visits, food and gifts.
Jenna Mae is a sweet baby! She is a little snuggler and doesn't like to be put down. Which is good because there is no shortage of Nana's and PopPop's, aunties and uncles to hold her and love on her. Like all parents, I think she is the most beautiful baby in the world! There are things I can't share with people in a blog - her smell, her grunts and the way she stretches in ways that would require chiropractic intervention for any adult. The way she stares at my face with such intensity and the way that expressions on her face can change in waves, and be missed with one blink or distracted glance elsewhere. These things I will my mind to remember in 6 months, 6 years, 16 years when I know it will be hard to recall. So many of the other things I can record with pictures and words, but these things will fade over time, with only our memories to remind us of them. This fact, no matter how true, makes me sad because I know from watching others that it is a fact of parenthood. However, the sadness is outweighed by the miraculousness of it all. And it reminds me to be a part of all of this before it's too late and the moment has passed.
In addition to saving pictures to the computer or the phone, I have been printing them out. In the end I will have hundreds of pictures - mostly from my phone and therefore of low quality - but the moment will be captured. Meaning that I can go back later and recall that these moments did once exist (and maybe that she was once a sweet baby, and not the alien child I no longer know who has been hijacked by hormones, resentment and a bad attitude....lol).
Back to her...:) Though a full 9.33 pounds at birth, she lost almost a full pound in the first week and a half. It was from that we realized she wasn't latching like we thought. In the end, through a series of supplementations, by the 2 week appointment she had put back on 8 ounces of the pound she had lost. I am not positive how much she weighs now, but she is gaining steadily. The biggest growth point is her length. At the 2 week check up she was in the 96th percentile for length and I know she has continued to gain there. And although she has a little potbelly, she is still fairly narrow, even though her weight was in the 60+ percentile and her head circumference was in the 70+ percentile. I know she has to be over 10 pounds now, but I still have her in newborn pants and some newborn onesies. The funniest part of that is the fact that the pants fit in her waist and butt, but are generally too short. Fortunately, newborn pants tend to have a little cuff that can be rolled down, which I do to make them like full pants rather than capris. As for outfits (one piece outfits, not two piece or onesies and pants), she also is in newborn sizes there, and 0/3 month sizes generally swallow her up. Which makes me wonder what babies who are 5-8 pounds wear...??? :)
She has a full head of hair, is very expressive, and I can always tell when she is about to pitch a fit because she starts kicking her legs like she is riding an imaginary bike. And the poor thing gets very little sympathy, as JP and I start laughing and saying, "ride your bike! ride your bike!" Sometimes she's just excited and one leg gets going and she starts throwing her arms around. This is usually accompanied by JP asking her is she is practicing her karate. Oh! There are so many things! I hope to share more, but my time has run out for this moment.
I will also add pictures. In the meantime, you can go to http://www.emilylunaphoto.com/ and choose the Facebook icon to see the first rounds of photographs Emily has done from her infant photo shoot. You can see the pictures even if you do not have a Facebook account, so long as you can access Facebook from where you are. When I have a little more time I will add them here.
Love to all!
Julie
I don't have much time for an update now, but thought I would try to steal a few moments while the little monkey naps!
Oh where to start?!?! She will be 5 weeks old tomorrow! She is changing so fast it's hard to keep up with everything. I have been fairly diligent about putting thoughts in a note in my iPhone and with taking pictures of things I want to document for the future. I'm hoping to start adding those to this blog to share with friends and family who are spread near and far. Speaking of friends and family...
Haven't I mentioned before how ridiculously blessed we are?!? Hmmm....I'm going to say it again. Over the course of the pregnancy and since Jenna's birth we have experienced an outpouring of love and support that is truly mind blowing. How do we use words to express our gratitude? Is thank you enough? I guess it will have to be. A huge expression of gratitude for the love, prayers, support, visits, food and gifts.
Jenna Mae is a sweet baby! She is a little snuggler and doesn't like to be put down. Which is good because there is no shortage of Nana's and PopPop's, aunties and uncles to hold her and love on her. Like all parents, I think she is the most beautiful baby in the world! There are things I can't share with people in a blog - her smell, her grunts and the way she stretches in ways that would require chiropractic intervention for any adult. The way she stares at my face with such intensity and the way that expressions on her face can change in waves, and be missed with one blink or distracted glance elsewhere. These things I will my mind to remember in 6 months, 6 years, 16 years when I know it will be hard to recall. So many of the other things I can record with pictures and words, but these things will fade over time, with only our memories to remind us of them. This fact, no matter how true, makes me sad because I know from watching others that it is a fact of parenthood. However, the sadness is outweighed by the miraculousness of it all. And it reminds me to be a part of all of this before it's too late and the moment has passed.
In addition to saving pictures to the computer or the phone, I have been printing them out. In the end I will have hundreds of pictures - mostly from my phone and therefore of low quality - but the moment will be captured. Meaning that I can go back later and recall that these moments did once exist (and maybe that she was once a sweet baby, and not the alien child I no longer know who has been hijacked by hormones, resentment and a bad attitude....lol).
Back to her...:) Though a full 9.33 pounds at birth, she lost almost a full pound in the first week and a half. It was from that we realized she wasn't latching like we thought. In the end, through a series of supplementations, by the 2 week appointment she had put back on 8 ounces of the pound she had lost. I am not positive how much she weighs now, but she is gaining steadily. The biggest growth point is her length. At the 2 week check up she was in the 96th percentile for length and I know she has continued to gain there. And although she has a little potbelly, she is still fairly narrow, even though her weight was in the 60+ percentile and her head circumference was in the 70+ percentile. I know she has to be over 10 pounds now, but I still have her in newborn pants and some newborn onesies. The funniest part of that is the fact that the pants fit in her waist and butt, but are generally too short. Fortunately, newborn pants tend to have a little cuff that can be rolled down, which I do to make them like full pants rather than capris. As for outfits (one piece outfits, not two piece or onesies and pants), she also is in newborn sizes there, and 0/3 month sizes generally swallow her up. Which makes me wonder what babies who are 5-8 pounds wear...??? :)
She has a full head of hair, is very expressive, and I can always tell when she is about to pitch a fit because she starts kicking her legs like she is riding an imaginary bike. And the poor thing gets very little sympathy, as JP and I start laughing and saying, "ride your bike! ride your bike!" Sometimes she's just excited and one leg gets going and she starts throwing her arms around. This is usually accompanied by JP asking her is she is practicing her karate. Oh! There are so many things! I hope to share more, but my time has run out for this moment.
I will also add pictures. In the meantime, you can go to http://www.emilylunaphoto.com/ and choose the Facebook icon to see the first rounds of photographs Emily has done from her infant photo shoot. You can see the pictures even if you do not have a Facebook account, so long as you can access Facebook from where you are. When I have a little more time I will add them here.
Love to all!
Julie
Comments
Post a Comment